Its summertime and smoothie action is in full swing here. Today we have the loveliest green Mango Matcha Smoothie! And it got THE big NOD from the naysayers at home too! Cha-ching!!
I know green smoothies are usually looked at with a lot of trepidation. But you really have nothing to fear in this Mango Matcha Smoothie. So what do we have here? The refreshing earthy taste of matcha, combined with sweet juicy mango and creamy avocado.
It doesn’t get better than this. Just four ingredients, delicious, full of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals…all with a shot of caffeine, minus the refined sugar and a good dose of antioxidants. Now that is a healthy start to the day for sure!
Matcha is a wonderful source of the amino acid L-theanine, that helps both calm and stimulate the mind at the same time! It’s great for detoxifying and natural cleansing. Though some people find the taste slightly bitter, it can be used in a variety of recipes, particularly to the sweeter ones. Like this smoothie , my Matcha Peppermint Cups or my Matcha Granola .
Now mangoes, apart from their incredible sweet taste are impressively rich in vitamins A, C and B6, along with calcium, iron and phosphorus. They promote digestive health as they are a good source of fiber and help fight acidity. One more reason to eat that mango today!
Avocados are amazingly nutritious and very popular with the health conscious lot. Loaded with good fats, fiber, potassium and vitamins, they are wonderfully wholesome and have a superb buttery taste. They are fantastic eaten on their own, or mixed in salads, pastas, in sandwiches, in dips and are used in baking too! If you don’t like bananas in your smoothies, avocados are a great substitute to make them ultra creamy and luscious.
- The recipe uses light coconut milk. But you can use any kind of milk you want. Yogurt is great too. It’ll make your smoothie even creamier!
- This smoothie is mildly sweet and since we enjoyed it that way, there is no sugar added. However, please add any sweetener of your choice, if you wish to.
If you try this recipe, do let me know. Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Mango Matcha Smoothie
- 1 Mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.5 tsp Matcha powder
- 1 Avocado, ripe
- 1 cup Light coconut milk You can use any milk or coconut water. Yogurt is great if you want to make your smoothie even creamier.
- A handful of ice
- Honey/Maple syrup/Agave Optional.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until very smooth. Add more liquid if you like a thinner consistency. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Enjoy!