Need a warm, moist and intensely chocolatey treat? Well, look no further! These Eggless Chocolate Protein Muffins check all the boxes while providing an extra dose of protein from chocolate-flavored protein powder!
These Eggless Chocolate Protein Muffins are really so soft and almost fudgy like brownies with puddles of melted chocolate, it’s hard to believe they are healthy too! Made with wholewheat flour, coconut sugar, a dash of protein powder, studded with dark chocolate chips, these are a wonderful post-workout treat. For people like me, who aren’t really eating much of eggs or meats, this protein-packed treat is perfect.
How To Make Muffins
As always, this recipe is very straightforward. A bowl to mix in all your dry ingredients, a cup for all the wet ingredients and a whisk! You’ll love how easily this comes together. The batter for muffins should be quite thick, unlike a cake batter. The bake time usually runs between 18-22 minutes, so this is really quite a quick bake. And you don’t need to really wait for more than 5 minutes for these to cool down before you can bite into them!
Check out this Mango Muffin post for all the tips for you to make perfect muffins every time.
My kids absolutely loved these! It was packed in lunch boxes, eaten as a dessert and even as an afterschool snack…not all in a day, of course!
Another bonus – they are gloriously gooey when warm! I enjoyed munching on it with my afternoon tea..it took care of my chocolate craving for the day. I always prefer a not too sweet treat with a deep chocolate flavor and this just hit the spot.
- To make this recipe vegan, you can use a plant-based protein powder.
- This is a wonderful recipe for your basic chocolate muffin too, without any protein powder. You would just need to adjust the quantity of sugar a bit, as protein powders are lightly sweetened.
- If you don’t want to use coconut sugar, you can use 1/4 cup each of white and brown sugar.
- If your batter seems too dry, you can add a couple of tablespoons of milk to get the desired consistency.
- To make this recipe even healthier, you can omit chocolate chips.
Get some more muffin inspiration here –
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!