Chocolate Orange Tart – hands down the easiest tart I have ever made! A no-bake treat, so rich, creamy and decadent that you won’t even notice its refined sugar-free and vegan! Let me tell you, my dear friends, make this NOW, you can always thank me later!
A new tart pan is all it took to inspire me to make this Chocolate Orange Tart! The need to use the pan pronto, before stacking it in the cabinet was so strong that I immediately made this one-night post-dinner. I didn’t follow any set recipe, just added some ingredients I had been wanting to use. And really it took me no time at all to put it all together!
This tart is a no-bake dessert, so it will work beautifully in summers too when we can’t stand to turn on the oven. The base is so simple..just oats, cocoa, walnuts and puffed rice. Combined with coconut oil and date syrup. You can make this gluten free too if you can get your hands on gluten-free oats. Any nuts would do, but I love the combination of chocolate with creamy sweet walnuts.
Now walnuts are a powerhouse of nutrition. They are rich in good fats as well as in Omega 3 fatty acids. They are excellent for heart and gut health. A good source of fiber, protein, iron, calcium and zinc, walnuts are a valuable addition to our daily diet. Make sure you store them in your refrigerator or freezer for better shelf life as they can get rancid fairly quickly at room temperature.
This Chocolate Orange Tart is full of healthy, nutritious, clean ingredients and tastes superb with its nutty base and smooth silky orange zested filling. This is a rich tart so a little piece goes a long way. Best to share with friends and family, I say!
Chocolate Orange Tart
- 1.5 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Puffed rice
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp Date syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 cup Dairy free chocolate or Dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk I used light coconut milk as that's what I had on hand. You can use full fat
- Zest of one full orange
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Keep a 6-inch tart pan with removable base ready.
- Combine oats, puffed rice, walnuts, cocoa powder in a food processor. Pulse till the mixture looks like semi-fine crumbs.
- Add 3 tbsp of date syrup and the melted coconut oil. Pulse again till combined. You should get a sticky dough. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Press evenly into the tart pan. Refrigerate.
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan till it comes to a gentle simmer. Add the chocolate. Le it stand for a minute. Mix well till all chocolate is melted and is smooth and shiny.
- Stir in the sea salt and the orange zest. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes before pouring into the prepared tart base.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight until the filling is completely set.
- Garnish with berries, mint leaves and more orange zest. Slice and serve. Enjoy!