With the young teen getting fussier every day about food, I’m always on the lookout for interesting fun recipes to bring to the table. Of course, they must be wholesome and nourishing as well! And so I have here today these scrumptious Beans & Millet Cheese Patties that ticked all the boxes!
This recipe for Beans & Millet Cheese Patties is pretty straightforward. With a little bit of meal planning, in terms of keeping cooked millets and Red Kidney Beans ( rajma) handy, you can whip these up in no time. The ingredients here are regular pantry staples and by all means, use whatever vegetables you’d like to use. Don’t have parsley? Go ahead use fresh coriander…Add some grated cauliflower instead of carrots, no problem ! See what I mean?
Millets used here are a mix of Barnyard, Kodo, Foxtail and Little Millets. But you can use any one of these you prefer or use maybe brown rice instead. Millets are naturally gluten-free. They get digested slowly, releasing energy slowly, thus keeping the blood sugar in control and keep you feeling full for a longer time. They are also high in fiber as are the Red Kidney Beans used in this recipe. Kidney Beans are a fabulous source of plant-based protein.
Add to these wonderful ingredients, calcium-rich MOTHERDAIRY cheese, and you have a delicious and nutritious meal for the family that will be wolfed down in no time! These patties stayed soft and moist on the inside thanks to the MOTHERDAIRY cheese. Its lovely mellow creamy texture mixed in well with all the other ingredients, taking this simple recipe to another level…without making it oversalty!
It’s a pleasure to collaborate with my favourite dairy brand, that I’ve been using for so many years now. Their cheese is a pantry staple for me. This Beans & Millet Cheese patties recipe is the second one in the series of the #EatCheeseRepeat #FunBhiFillingBhi campaign. Do tune in for my #InstaCookingClass with Mother Dairy on Instagram and on the MOTHER DAIRY FRESH DELIGHTS FACEBOOK page later this week to see the recipe video. Hope you enjoy these delightful patties as much as we did! A big thank you to the absolutely gracious and wonderful team at MOTHERDAIRY for this tremendous opportunity.
Beans & Millet Cheese Patties
- 1 cup Red Kidney Beans/ Rajma, cooked
- 3/4 cup Millets, cooked
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 2 Green chillies, chopped finely
- a small handful Fresh parsley, chopped finely You can use cilantro/coriander if you prefer
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Coriander/dhania powder
- 1.5 tsp Cumin/ Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper, coarsely ground
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup MotherDairy cheese cubes, grated
- 2-3 tbsp Sesame seeds, for coating the patties
- Oil for greasing the baking tray and brushing the patties
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly grease it with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, millets, parsley, green chillies, garlic grated carrots along with pepper, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Use your hands to mix all of these well.
- Now add the grated MotherDairy cheese to this mixture. Bring it all together like a "dough" , mashing the cheese, beans and millets with your hands. No need to knead it!
- Spread out the sesame seeds in a plate. Put some oil in your hands and form into 9-10 equal sized patties. Roll the patties in the sesame seeds. Lay them out on your prepared tray. You can refrigerate these for later use at this point. Brush with oil on both sides. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning them once halfway.
- You can easily cook these patties on stovetop too. Just panfry them in a heavy bottomed non stick or cast iron pan.
- Serve warm with sauteed vegetables and a dip of your choice. Enjoy!